Late 1950s/early 1960s for me... Absolutely the best style...
Taffy
What would you say is/ are you favorite decade(s) of fashion? Mine are...
1.1920's-I am in LOVE with this time period! The clothes were cool, beautiful, and stylish. I also loved the Asian,Egyptian, and art-deco interior decorating of the time. The hair was awesome, too! Love the Jazz music of the age as well.
2.1910's-AWESOME clothing! The first REALLY cool period of fashion, IMO. The clothing was fascinating, and even a *tad* bit bizzare!
3.LATE 1970's/1980's-Am I the only one in the world who TRULY loves the clothes, music, and hair of this period? Everyone else seems to think everything about the 80's was hideous...But believe it or not, I truly believe the clothes and hair of this decade were really cool! The music was awesome, too! Late 70's/Early 80's styles have been coming back....
4.Late 1940's/1950's-the fashions of the 1950's are the most beloved and admired of any decade of fashion. People had GREAT taste back in those days...1950's and '60's styles are coming back on the runways, reportedly soon after the movie "Mona Lisa Smile" was released....
5. Late 1960's/Early 1970's-I really dig the cool, hip, and sometimes strange fashions of this decade! Music was pretty cool, too....
Late 1950s/early 1960s for me... Absolutely the best style...
Taffy
Regency era- I love Jane Austen and am always drooling over the fashions!
Edwardian era-I'm a HUGE Titanic fan and I love the more steamlined but elegant look of the 19teens.
I don't care much for bustles and hoops but I like Civil War day dresses too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The late 1950's and he early 60's were VERY classy.Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
Late 1950s/early 1960s for me... Absolutely the best style...
Taffy
As for regency fashions: I am reading a Jane Austen book right now! (well, not really RIGHT NOW, but ya' know what I mean...don't you?....). Anyway, im reading "Persuasion". The other JA books I have read were "Sense and Senseibility", "Northanger Abbey", and "Pride and Prejudice".
18th century, hands down.
Some Victorian and 1920's
So, you see, it rubs off on my dolls (Felcity, Addy, Samantha, Nellie)
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 03, 2004 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Felicityexpert ]</font>
[quote]Originally posted by Junko Mizuno:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My favorite!!! My second favorite is Pride and Prejudice and my third is Sense and Sensibility. I love to watch the BBC/A&E film versions. Lovely fashions and I'm really not into that sort of thing normally!im reading "Persuasion".
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Regency dresses and also the fashion (especially French) from the early 1700s. The gowns from then were gorgeous, even prettier than Felicity's time I think. I also love middle ages/early Rennaissance.
1940's! For everything, lol. Music, cars, clothes, hats, movies, you name it from the 40's and I like it, lol.
After that would be Civil War, because I actually wear Civil War clothing for dance. It's very easy to understand why a lady had to have a servant back then, it takes my sister and a friend to get me in and out of my ball gown! And Empire, I wear that a lot at work. It's sooooo comfortable, and no real restrictions on what colors you could wear when.
Horsemom, just wondering, do you have Cecile? shes from 1711. Finally someone else who likes 18th century fashion! Yes some of the stuff from earlier that century is much prettier. I don't like the stuff that came sraght after the Frech revolution, but I like the later stayal, Empire.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Felicityexpert ]</font>
I'm crazy over the dresses from the 1860s (America). I adore GWTW and all of Scarlett and Melanie's dresses and I also love watching the Little Women to admire the March Girls' clothes as well.
However, I'm not sure I could stand wearing all those petticoats and that dreadful corset!
I really like 1950s styles along with both Victorian and Edwardian and Regency styles. I actually had a dream before I married Paul that for our wedding I was wearing a moss green regency dress...probably one of the few styles that would actually *flatter* my figure!
Bookmarks